Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Let love take flight

Do you know that clingy helicopter mom that never lets her kids out of her sight. The one that finds an excuse to have her kids with her always. Her heart would explode if they were apart, not a kissless day/night in sight... well that mom is me. I home school my kids, I take pride in family and what it means to be close with togetherness. Heck my kids even got to experience the births of their siblings.

When we started the adoption process and came to the realization that this is it, we are doing this.... It was under one condition, and that was that we all stay together. Like a sibling birth they would help me prepare the room, discuss names, be included in every way possible. The day we meet our new children should be a magical moment spent with all of us just like the birth process. We commit and have lived in that reality for 4 months.

Sadly that reality is no more.. for the first time in my life I will spend a night away form my babies, but not just one night 60 nights. This realization has sent my heart into a stumble. This adoption was All of us or none.. and that is selfish. Love is selfless and I live by love so I have to accept the reality of leaving my kids behind.
I will miss 210 meals, 60 bedtime stories and goodnight kisses, 1440 hours of smiles.. That seems like so much to this mama..  But lets get real... the kids I will be adopting have missed many more meals, 1000's of bedtime stories, years worth of kisses, and months of smiles... It is time to let love take flight. Sometime we have to sacrifice the one thing we thought we couldn't. We have to step out of our comfort zone to succeed. Adoption has found many ways to remove that comfort zone from me.


One thing that scares me most about leaving my kids is germ season, 1 of my children is very medically complex and could be taken forever from us with a simple cold. My worry will be great and my heart will ache. We really need to travel by august for me to be back home to my children in time for sick season. We have a long way to go financially but should be cleared to travel by August and we could use your help with the financial support. August is also when the oldest child will age out.. Lets give him a home for his birthday and show him how sweet 16 can really be.



We have hope bracelets for sell, all proceeds will benefit our adoption. With each donation of 10 dollars or more you will receive 5 of our hope bracelets.  You can donate via paypal if you would like bracelets mactopian@att.net   don't forget to leave your address in the comments sections when you send payment.

                                                          We will come for you
                                                         




No comments:

Post a Comment