Saturday, April 15, 2017

Our Girls and more.

I'm not sure if you noticed but we reached our first goal. That means you all get to see a photo of our first little girl.  :)
                                              
I
               Isn't she precious? She is the little girl who's future papa told me to Go get HER! Her alias name is Stacie, She was still in the baby house when this photo was taken but most likely due to her age she has already transferred to a mental institution. A place known to starve kids. A place known to take away the sparkle. I hope she can hold on to that spark that we see in her. She is non verbal, with a very gentle character. I think she will fit in great with our crew.








We also found out that the 2nd child is indeed available. She is in an institution that has never had an adoption before in a rural part of a very poor country. We will be the very first glimmer of hope any of the kids will have at having a mama and papa. We hope we open the door to more families being able to adopt from this institution. She is almost 13, also non verbal and just perfect carrying an extra chromosome, she will be an extra special little girl. (and yes you read that right, she is almost 13 another tiny teenager stole my heart.)
                                         






We officially have a Home study provider and we have raised half the amount to cover that fee. Last time we had ALL the upfront in hand when we commit to adopt and only needed to raise the out of country fees, but since we have had lots of hospital visits, and medication expenses for our newly adopted four, we are having to work harder at fundraising. I know we will soon have an auction and probably do tshirt sales. I will share those things here so you all can have a hand in helping these girls get home. It means so much to me that so many people care so much about helping kids find families. If you can't adopt yourself giving is still saving a child because most adopting families couldn't do this without all of you who serve as our village so Thank you.


It is spring time here in the south and the weather is so beautiful. Today a friend came over with 3 of her children. She has 1 bio and 4 adopted. She is a neighbor I met at the river last year. She brought a few of her children and it was the first time our adopted kids have played with other children since we got home. They got along very well, it was nice to see all the kids playing together just being normal neighborhood kids. It was a special treat that she came by and she brought the entire family all natural homemade brownies. Even Dryden had one mixed in with a bowl of milk. Speaking of he is doing amazing and hasn't bit himself in weeks now. His self harming has almost stopped completely as we enter this (4 months home) part of our journey. He is starting to accept a tiny bit of mama snuggles too and enjoys company more than he did before. It is amazing watching him open up. Here is a photo of him enjoying a moment with me after I had been away half the day at Dr.appointments with many of the other children. We are still nesting and so far I have only left the house if the kids have medical visits or to restock our fridge. My brother stays with the children if I must leave during the week with some of the kids to see Doctors. But we schedule well and triple even quadruple stack the appointments to limit constant visits.  This helps limit stress for all of us.






Daniel is still putting on the pounds and doing well. This is a photo from last month to show his progress. He is becoming more aware of his surroundings daily. I think that he will really open up soon.

All of the kids are doing great. My bio's LOVE the new siblings and are very excited about adding two more. If it was up to them I would be adopting 12 more. Everyone gets along great, and honestly they all care so much for each other I rarely hear a fuss. The other day I left the room to grab something and come back to my two youngest adopted children snuggled up as they enjoyed their favorite part of a movie together. It melted my heart. I am so lucky that all the kids love each other so much and we don't as of yet have any sibling issues in the home. I think that the two new girls will absolutely love the love that we have.


Here is a few other photo of the kids having fun together.







I hope you are all having a happy spring. Much love from our family to yours. If you would like to learn more about adoption please do not hesitate to contact me. Also if you would like to help our family lessen the world of two more orphans we would really appreciate all the help we can get.





If you wish, you could donate here to our adoption.
Or just share our story, you never know who might be inspired to adopt.

 










                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment