Friday, April 14, 2017

The one who got away


I'm not sure if you all remember ''Beth'' We fought for months trying to make her our daughter, and we love her very much. But there was another mother out there who had met her, fell in love with her, and that family was about to leap to be her parents but I leaped first. I went through almost my entire adoption thinking she was my daughter. Sometimes I still struggle with the loss because it still feels like she should be our daughter.
But the truth is there was two starving, neglected boys tied up across the country who needed me to be their mama, and Rona(Beth' future Mama) really loved my little girl, just as much as I did/do. Loosing her to me was one of the hardest things she had ever been through. And then when I gave her up it was one of the hardest things I have ever been through(and am still going through).








                                                                              BUT.
 
Rona reached out to me and confessed her love and desires for Beth, I had already submit to Beth's country with all the paperwork to adopt her. But if I did adopt her it would mean that two teenage boys would rot away forever without ever know the love of a family. Deciding to give her up  would mean that Beth still got a family and so would the boys that I loved. . I wanted to be mom to them all but I just couldn't do that and save Beth in time before she got transferred to a very bad awful place known for hurting little girls,


If I wouldn't of let her go, then the sons I have in my home right now would of died in their orphanage, I came for one of them only weeks before he was to age out and become unadoptable, not to mention he only weight 22lbs at age 16 and was dying. They both would die.


I remember the day I told Rona, to love her, and take care of her and to go get her little girl. She crumbled to the floor at the thought of her dreams coming true, she would have the little girl she felt so desperate for but it meant I would loose her.


I am now home with my kids and TODAY Rona got her travel dates to go get her daughter Beth. The daughter I thought was mine, When I saw the announcement it turned my heart into a spiral. It hurt yet I was to the moon with happiness. I am so thrilled this little girl will have a mama. I am just lucky enough to know the family and hopefully I will get to hold the little girl in my arms one day. I want to stroke her hair and kiss her checks so badly it hurts. Here is the real reason for my post. Beth's parents have their travel dates but they are not funded. They still need $4000 more and only have 2 weeks to raise it. Can you please help them help this little girl that I love so dearly. She needs out of there and the ransom is not yet raised. Please I am begging you to help this family. Here is a link to a tax deductible grant that benefits them directly. http://reecesrainbow.org/111850/sponsorsteinhoff-3

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post.... I would donate today but just made a donation to another family minutes ago. Will talk to my husband and maybe part of next week's pay cheque could go to this family. Unfortunately it doesn't help us to give to RR as a tax deduction because we are Canadian. We need a Canadian RR registered charity.

    ReplyDelete