Friday, April 7, 2017

The least of them- Here we Grow

Photo taken on their long journey home


On Feb 12 2016 we decided we would adopt a child. We didn't really get started on the process officially until April, and in December 2016 four children in Eastern Europe became sons, daughter brothers and sister. They would share the family name, home, and heart.

The journey to them was tough with lots of little road blocks, and lots of heart ache, stress, loss, love, hope, laughter, crying. It was a rollercoaster to say the absolute least. This rollercoaster took us on the best ride of our life. Our marriage became stronger, our friendships became deeper, and our home became almost full.

                                                          KEYWORD: ALMOST

Although we are in the deep of a lot of newness we know there are children who are in the deep of loneliness, depression, pain, with such a thin glimmer of hope. Did you know that less than 50% of Orphans in Eastern Europe will see their 20th Birthday. That statistic blows my mind. When I was in process I saw so many statistics that blew my mind and crumbled my soul. I didn't understand how it could be true, how could it be that bad?  Just How?
          
                                                                         AND
then I saw first hand, and I still don't know how it can be true! Except now I wonder how so many survive that long. Seeing is believing but I am in disbelief. This shouldn't be happening 20 is so young. How would it feel to receive a terminal diagnosis and not really be sick?

I am busy and often tired but it doesn't compare even a smidgen to the tiredness my newly adopted children must feel. It doesn't compare to the tiredness the ones who remain must feel. Many loose hope. Many commit suicide, Many are murdered, Many are trafficked, Many DIE.

                                                                       WHY?

              -FAMILY IS THAT INPORTANT, NEVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED

We have a small home, 1100 square feet actually but it has room. When my husband and I hiked the Appalachian trail in 2008 we relined what our life priorities would be, it wasn't wealth, it wasn't materialistic things, it wasn't fame or fortune.  It was happiness. So what makes us happy? Making others happy. Right now there are so many very sad little boys and girls waiting on mama's and papa's to come rescue them. I would move mountains for ''MY'' children and in my opinion every child is just as important as the next so why wouldn't I move mountains for children who could be mine.  And you know what we just happen to be a mama and papa :)

                                                                      SO.
                                                         We are going back

A couple of weeks ago I was watching a video of a little girl waiting on a family. I spend my free time sending love and hope and becoming aware that these kids exist so I can share, and shout for them. I must be a voice because they don't have one.

As I watched a video of a little girl my husband walks by, he stops dead in his tracks and looks at the screen. He said to me "HER" GO GET HER! My heart stopped, my mind spinning, I said YES lets DO. This sweet little girl is also in Eastern Europe. We are being called to cross the ocean yet again. The day after my husband saw that video of our future daughter he made her a bed. She now has a place of her own in our hearts and in our home. One year ago this month we officially started the process and here we GROW again.


Adoption is super expensive and just like last time we DO NOT have the many needed $1000's sitting around for the ransom of this little girl. We will work hard to make it happen just like we did last time. We are going to start the process with a photo reveal fundraiser. Once our YouCaring (click here) hits $400( 1/2 home study fee) we will reveal the little girl that stole her future papa's(dad) heart. This little girl like the others does have special needs, and she has a special home and family who will work hard to rescue her from being just another statistic in eastern Europe. Please join us on this journey as we complete our family by adding TWO littles girls because we can't do it without you and every child deserves family. #2 is a very special girl with DS we will share more about her once we know for certainty she is available for international adoption.


If you would like to add a special child to your family there are many who wait. Please visit Reece's Rainbow Many children are waiting to be loved. Many children who will just become another statistic if we don't help the least of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment