Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Twinkle Twinkle little star... Update on Victoria

            We have been nesting so I have been very quiet but I do owe you all a post.

Twinkle Twinkle little star how I wonder what you are........This post will be about our sweet girl Victoria one of two daughters in our family of 9.

                                                         -she shines bright

Fun, loving, talkative, and energetic are a few words to describe this little twinkle in our life. She came to us a weak fragile little girl who is growing stronger every day. She has a muscle wasting disease that is  more often terminal than not. It will slowly make her body very weak and make daily tasks impossible without help, every part with a muscle... arms, legs, lungs, swallow are affected.... When we adopted her she couldn't even sit up without support, and her head was floppy, she used her arm to pick it up if it would fall. We were not sure if this was the disease or lack of proper care. At first it seemed that her disease was just very progressed, we were unsure how much time we would have with her. Once home we immediately had a consult for a g-tube and admitted her for surgery only a week after her new life in America. She failed her swallow study and would no longer be able to eat or drink by mouth. Almost every air pocket in her lungs is depleted from aspiration . This was not something that we expected but something we knew that might happen one day. This was a big deal, a huge change, but she handled it with grace and spunk.



This lovely girl is a light. She is so sweet and so caring and very well behaved. She gets into no trouble ever. She tells us she loves us a hundred times a day, she thanks us for adopting her, she thanks us for loving her.

Every night before bed we kiss her Ukrainian mama goodnight and send love into the stars. See her mom didn't give her up. She loved her so much despite her disability. But her mom died a tragic death and she was left with no one. Sent to a baby house because she was lucky. She was already past the age for transfer but her family doctor just happened to be the doctor at the orphanage and she knew she would die  so she was taken in and lived their for a year and a half. It was time for her to transfer and they could hold her no longer but instead a mama came. I am the luckiest mama in the world.

She already speaks fluent English now, that clip was from a couple months ago not long after we got home. We knew it wouldn't take long because we taught her to count and taught her all the primary colors in the first hour we knew her. We knew she was so bright we just had no idea to what extent. SHE IS GIFTED. Sadly her country didn't see that and she was about to be sent to a mental institution because she could not walk and her body was failing her... And she would be left in a laying down room to die. NOPE not happening we adopted her.

NOW... she can sit independently, she has taken over the floor shine business by butt scooting all over my home. She sings and smiles constantly. She is full of wonder. We just adore her and feel like we must be the luckiest parents in the world. I could of missed this! We caught a shooting star.

She has done well with her new life and all the new medical equipment she needs to keep her alive and healthy. Her daily routine is daunting for both of us but we can do it with a smile. This sweetie also has her papa(dad) wrapped around her finger. He will crumble at her sweet voice. "papa I love you''! You would to.

Yesterday she called me into the living room as I was cooking. I said what is it vikka, she said give me a kiss mama. Oh sweet bliss, my little star you twinkle so bright in my life.
 
                     
                          Her listing photo                                HOME


Adoption saves lives. If you are interested in finding a twinkling star for your life please click here and check out THE AMAZING CHILDREN ON RR.











7 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for posting!!! I've been waiting and waiting for this one! (: When your sweet girl came up on Reese's Rainbow she captured my heart immediately! I started advocating for her on my blog Pages for the Dark Horses. We were all SO excited when she got found by you all! She certainly is like a little star, light and life just shine out from her!
    What a precious gift you've been given. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for being a voice for her. I am just smitten over her. I don't understand how she can be so perfect but she is,

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful, precious little soul! I was teary reading every word--how blessed you all are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are indeed so very blessed. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. I have been to your blog several times a day to check if you have had the time and energy to post.
    Sweet sweet Victoria, what a victory you found her and took her as your own! Lovely little girl, I am overly happy for her.
    I will keep you in my prayers,
    blessings from Finland, Europe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I am so sorry it took me so long, I sat down to write more than once but we have been super busy with all the new medical appointment for the kids and finding our new normal. I think we have finally caught up and have a great routine that works for us. You are right she is so so sweet. And it is a victory in many ways that we found her. One thing that you don't know is she was born on Victory day. Her mother named her Victoria in honor of such a special day. Thank you so much for following our journey, I'm certain it isn't over. Much love to Finland.

      Delete
  4. I can totally understand!!!
    I am so glad to hear you have found the routine that works, it is so life saving with kids!!
    I will keep coming back to see your lovely family!!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete